SWS Yoga Teacher Training Essentials Program uniquely blends the eastern and western teachings of yoga with today’s most current applications in anatomy, biomechanics, with the mind body connection. Our program is complete with lectures, interactive exercises, quizzes, reading assignments, and downloadable companion manuals. This hybrid course will equip you with the skills and tools needed to develop your unique yoga teaching style. SWS is committed to providing services to students and faculty members who represent a strong diversity of race, class, gender, size, physical ability and spiritual traditions. Our mission is to provide education skills for improving physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health for all people within our community.
To take your next steps, please submit an application and one of our trainers will contact you with more information.
OUR 200-HOUR MODULE SCHEDULE MEETS AND EXCEEDS YOGA ALLIANCE'S NEW CORE CIRRICULUM STANDARDS
- Yoga Humanities; History and Philosophy
- Teaching Methodology; History of Asana, Cueing, Environment and Class Management
- Anatomy and Physiology; The Musculoskeletal System; Contraindications and Foundations of Form
- Biomechanics and Yoga
- Teaching Yoga; The Asanas, Class Programming and Adjustments
- Anatomy and Physiology; The Nervous System and the Subtle Body
- Practical application in Meditation and Pranayama
- Yoga Humanities; Ethics and Professional Development
Practicum - 10 hours TM